Sep 29 2008

Checkride… PASSED! I’m a pilot!

Category: Lessons,RamblingsDaniel @ 6:15 am

Although I don’t really have time at the moment to write more about my private pilot checkride yesterday, I can simply say that I PASSED!  Obviously I’m super thrilled and proud to have completed this journey.  Over the next day or so I’ll find the time to write about the actual test experience…but I simply had to provide a quick update!  {Off to work now.}

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Checkride… PASSED! I’m a pilot!”

1. Tony says:

Congratulations!!! I’ll look forward to reading about your checkride. I’ll have one to look forward to in the distant future.

Again, congratulations.

2. PlasticPilot says:

Congrats, and welcome in the club. But remember, this is only the beginning, now you can learn on your own. Enjoy !

3. François says:

Congratulations ! Welcome in a new world where YOU decide where to go on the map and you fly there !

4. Axel says:

Congratulations!!!!! 🙂 That’s awesome! Been there and done that….what a great feeling! 🙂 Looking forward to reading about your checkride experience!

Again, congratulations – Mr Private Pilot!

Regards,
    Axel

5. Dad and Mom says:

Daniel,
    Though there was never a moment of doubt in my mind that you were going to pass this test with “flying” colors, I still wish I could have been there when the examiner gave you the official pronouncement that “you are a pilot”. It’s a remarkable accomplishment and rightfully places you among the elite few in the human population who have been entrusted with the responsibility and privilege of being able to navigate the world above that in which we live. I can’t wait to go up with you again, and mom is getting excited about taking her first ride as well. We are both incredibly proud of you, as always, and what you have achieved.
    Right now, I can only imagine how breathtaking the terrain below must look when all the trees become adorned in their magnificent Fall wardrobes. But I know that in the next few weeks, you will be able to take that imagery and make it a reality. That is one of the miracles of being able to fly. Congratulations again!!! And remember…the sky is no longer the limit!!!
    Love, Dad and Mom

6. Julien says:

Congratulations! I have my checkride planned for three weeks from now, hopefully I’ll be able to post similar news after! I wish I could say welcome to the club but you beat me to it, fingers crossed you’ll welcome me to the club soon 🙂

7. Tom says:

Congratulations pilot Dan! Great job! I hope you plan to keep the blog going now that you are past the primary training.

8. Todd says:

Congrats Dan! I look forward to reading your full report. I hope you continue to post about your ongoing flight experiences. Safe flying!

9. Shannon says:

YAY! Sooooo neat – congrats Dan!!!

10. Evan Krueger says:

Congrats Dan!!! What an awesome story you’ve told!! I can’t wait for the continuation (only this time, you’ll have the title of Pilot =])